Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Startix10GX Not working - how can i rework or repair this

Swapnil_29
Novice

We bough few  Startix10GX L Tile devices/development boards from DigiKey.

After one fine day - fan stopped working and we are not able to program any SOF file, later i realized we are not able to factory reset as well. Same case with other devices as well.

Will like to know how can we rework or repair this. Should we send to Intel manufacturing ? What is the channel and procedure here ?

Need critical support on this.

CC -@Vivek_tiwari 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

May i know how many development kit is having this issue?

Any idea what are the changes made before the fan stopped working?

0 Kudos
Swapnil_29
Novice

Thank you @YuanLi_S_Intel  for response.

Now, 3 kits have this issue. We  were doing peripheral integration with these boards for our custom RTL validation. Same that has been working for quite some time and still working on other 4-5 boards.

For one of the board fan stopped working post we program JIC file, usually we have been programming SOF file. 

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

So from your explanation, can i confirm that, you have 8 boards in total and all of them were programmed with JIC. 3 are having issue whereby the fan is stopped working and the rest are fine.

0 Kudos
Swapnil_29
Novice

Yuan, here is the data 

• How many we have- 9
  • How many working - 2 (now)
  • How many not working - 7 (now)
  • Fan stopped working post JIC programmed- 2
  • Fan stopped working (for other reasons not exactly known-example a generic validation being performed)- 5

JIC is not always the issue, and we don't have the exact after effect within the board too - which component and path etc  (since these boards we consider better to be RMA or debugged by the one who sold us- since are new).

We will like to know where and how we get them reworked, repaired or make them work again. 

We are in Bangalore - any local FAE support, or any manufacturing contact where we can send for FA or RMA care support contact or any other input will be very helpful and appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Swapnil_29
Novice

@YuanLi_S_Intel 

Kindly let us know. Also will appreciate if i can get local FAE support if feasible - our R and D team is located at Bangalore, India.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Can you please contact the distributor / sales person who sold the board to you? They can lead you to local FAE.

0 Kudos
Swapnil_29
Novice

That has been the issue. They are asking us to contact manufacturing and send devices to the Intel Mfg and we don't have heave the contact. Appreciate any clue and directions in this regard.

If we get local FAE support- that will be really great !!! Our R and D team is located at Bangalore, India.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

i dont think this is the process. For RMA or anything, it should be via distributor which is the sales person. Do you know which distributor is this?

0 Kudos