Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

Stratix 10 Interconnection

MM02
Beginner

I need to have a communication interface between 2 Stratix-10 FPGAs with a minimum data rate of 4GBps.

Please suggest an interface that can be used for this application.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi MM02,

Thanks for submitting the issue.

Please do let us have some time to look into your issue and I will get back to you with findings.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi MM02,

For the communication between board-to-board, you may try use Serial Lite III Streaming Intel IP. The Serial Lite III Streaming Intel FPGA IP is a high speed serial communication protocol for board-to-board and application data transfer. It can support up to 28Gbps.

When using this IP, you should be aware that you must re-instantiate the IP to the target specific transceiver tiles due to the transceiver architecture differences. In shortly, you cannot migrate your design from Intel Stratix10 L-tile/H-tile devices to Intel Stratix 10 E-tile devices.

For further information about this IP, please do refer the link below, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683330/17-0/introduction.html

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi MM02,

Since I have addressed your question and haven't hear any feedback from you, I am now close the case. If you still have any question after the case closed, please do feel free to submit another issue.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos