Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20721 Discussions

Stratix 10 SmartVID Issue

hool
Beginner

Hi, We have a board with Stratix 10 FPGA with SmartVID. Device programming return errors. We found out that we have SmartVID device and the Power Supply with PMbus conection to S10. But the Power Supply's VOUT_COMMAND and READ_VOUT have different decoding because their LSB is different. VOUT_COMMAND is direct format with LSB = 5mV; READ_VOUT is direct format with LSB = 1mV. Is any chance to run SmartVID device on this board? Your help is really appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Hool,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to let you know that Intel has received your support request and currently we are confirming the details with our internal team.

Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Hool,

Thank you for your patience.

Regarding to your question, if VOUT_COMMAND and READ_VOUT have different decoding, then the Voltage Regulator(VR) cannot be used. The secure device manager(SDM) treat those 2 command with the same decoding.

In order to allow smartVID to work, both VOUT_COMMAND and READ_VOUT must be in same decoding and the VR should meet the requirement in the Intel power management user guide.

You may refer to below link for more information:

Intel® Stratix® 10 Power Management User Guide 

If those VR having different data format for VOUT_COMMAND and READ_VOUT does not meet PMBus protocol.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Hool,

Good day.

Hope my previous reply answers your question.

Do you still have further inquiries on this case?

If there is no further inquiry, I will transition this thread to community support.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Hool,

Good day.

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. Since there is no further inquiry, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos