Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Successful Configuration of the EPC16 and APEX 20KE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I really need some help in regards to understanding why I cannot connect to my timing board with the Quartus II. I have been given a timing board to debug which involves programming the EPC16 and then using that to configure the APEX EP20K200EBC652-1X.  

I understand that the EPC16 has programmable weak pull-up resistors ont he nCS, OE, and nINIT_CONF pins. However, the designer apparently assumed that there are also weak pull-up resistors incorporated on the JTAG pins of the EPC16 (TCK, TDI, TDO, TMS). But I am not sure if this is accurate and I assume that the there should be external weak pull-up resistors of 1kohm externally to maintain the state of the pins since they are left floating now. 

Secondly, in regards to the APEX EP20K200EBC652-1X, I know that there are weak pull-up resistors on all the I/O pins of the device; but I want to know if that also pertains to the JTAG pins (TCK, TDI, TDO, TMS). And if so, do I need to add the external electrical modification as illustrated in the configuration manual for configuring by a JTAG interface. 

Thanks and your help is very much appreciated!
0 Kudos
0 Replies