Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

The list of recommended chips for new designs

ElmarY
Novice

Hello,

I would like to get the list of recommended and supported chips (for FPGA and CPLD) for new designs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello Elmar,

For the discontinued FPGA and CPLD, you can always refer to Product Discontinuance Notices (PDN) through this link: Intel® FPGA PCNs, PDNs, and ADVs

If the Ordering Part Number does not have any PDN available, the part is still active and available.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I would think you would want to start here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga.html

0 Kudos
ElmarY
Novice

I've already seen them, as according to the detailed low cost programmable devices only Cyclone 4, 5 and MAX 2, 5, 10 which are not available on arrow, mouser or digikey. But You can still find Flex 10k, max7000 cplds and would be better to know if they are obsolete or are still produced.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Elmar,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your question, did you mean that you want to know the status of Flex 10k and Max7000 CPLD?

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

0 Kudos
ElmarY
Novice

hi,

not only but in general the whole list of the obsolete and supported chips would be fine. As most of the chips are out of stock actually, it will allow us to see the availabilities and the recommendations for new designs. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello Elmar,

For the discontinued FPGA and CPLD, you can always refer to Product Discontinuance Notices (PDN) through this link: Intel® FPGA PCNs, PDNs, and ADVs

If the Ordering Part Number does not have any PDN available, the part is still active and available.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

ElmarY
Novice

Thanks, That is what I needed.

0 Kudos