Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

There are a lot of IPs that can't be found in IP Catalog

幸运的电子狗

As shown in the image below,  I wanted to use In-System Sources and Probe ip core,  but I couldn't find it in the IP Catalog.

I used the quartus 18.1 standard version but didn't find the IP core,  so I installed a quartus21.1 standard version but still couldn't find it.

There are also problems with similar PLL ip cores,  which used to display PLL Intel FPGA IP,  but after reinstalling the software,  it became Altera PLL.

This seems to have happened after I installed patch 0.05.

This is normal on another computer. If you know how to fix it, trouble tell me.

Thank you very much for your answer.

IP Catalog.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That is very strange.  I'd do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software.

0 Kudos
幸运的电子狗

Yes, even if I use the tool to completely uninstall (including the registry) and then reinstall it. As I mentioned in the article, for this reason I changed to the latest version of quartus prime is also not solvable. This seems to have been caused after I installed ''patch 0.05'' and  I was able to use it normally until then.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you or do you have other versions of Quartus installed on the same machine?  Quartus is picking up this list of IP from somewhere local, so all I can guess is that it might be seeing a different installation.  Delete all versions of Quartus you have installed, and restart.  Check your environment variables too to see if maybe there is an older path pointer in there that is affecting things.

0 Kudos
幸运的电子狗

I didn't install other versions until I uninstalled 18.1. I've tried to clear the registry and environment variables after uninstalling the software, and it's the same thing. Maybe I need to reinstall the Windows system to solve it

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

I tried to install patch ''quartus-18.1std-0.05std-windows.exe'' to Quartus Std 18.1. Seems like there is no problem with ip catalog on my end. The patch probably should not have any problem.

OS system: Windows 10 64 bit (OS Build 19042.1415)

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
china_cn
Beginner

Thank you for your reply,

It seems like something is wrong with my computer. I use the same installation to install on another computer and it works fine.
Although I didn't find in-system sources and probes on the IP catalog, it works when I generate an IP core from another computer and copy it onto my computer.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Did you install the software with antivirus on?                                                                                                                                                                              Temporary turning off your antivirus software may help. 

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

The Intel® Quartus® Prime software searches for IP cores in the project directory, in the Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory, and in the IP search path.

Make sure also the ip cores file is in the Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory. If not, you may need to locate the ip cores file path by going to Tools > Options > IP Catalog SearchLocations

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any update? Have your problem been resolved?

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since I had provided you the solution and did not received any feedback from you, I shall set this case to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this case within 20days or open a new case, some one will be right with you.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos