Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Thermal model for Agilex (AFG 014, 2486A Package)

cmedra1
Employee

Is a thermal model (CTM) available for this device? Either delphi or 2-resistor model. 

@EngWei_O_Intel 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Christopher

Feedback I got is that this FPGA does not have 2 resistor model or Delphi model. It only has a detail CTM  that customer need to use in the CFD model. The powers for this model should come from PTC.
However the PTC thermal calculator is not working yet, so please send us the PTC file for the design and we will send you the thermal parameters.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

View solution in original post

6 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Christopher

Thanks for your request. Can you brief me the full OPN you need for the thermal model? 

You can refer to the OPN option in the doc below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/agilex/ag-overview.pdf

thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
cmedra1
Employee

Hi Eng,

Currently the planned OPN: AG-F-B-014-R24A-x-I-2V. We don't plan to use XCVR.

Saying that, what part number options would modify the CTM? Would it just be the operating temperature? If so, would I be able to get the CTM for both?

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Christopher

Let me try to request the model for both operating temperature and get back to you. 

Thanks.

Eng Wei

EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Christopher

Feedback I got is that this FPGA does not have 2 resistor model or Delphi model. It only has a detail CTM  that customer need to use in the CFD model. The powers for this model should come from PTC.
However the PTC thermal calculator is not working yet, so please send us the PTC file for the design and we will send you the thermal parameters.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

cmedra1
Employee

Hi Eng,

The .ecxml you've attached is more than sufficient for me to get going.

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Thanks Chris. Good to know that. I will mark a close from my side and proceed to transition this thread to community support. 

Eng Wei

0 Kudos