Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20751 Discussions

Trying renew the Licence but the Licence is removed

Mbjor2_1
Novice

Hello,

Background

The aim is to renew licenses for the Quartus II Software of LAPTOP-HA87J2MN. I have two active PCs in the Intel database (Appendix 1). The license expired. Now it was time to renew all 4 licenses (Appendix 2) of respective computer from FPGA Self-Service License Center.

First renew test, 30th March, 2024 (before License expire) 

To first I try renew license of the LAPTOP-HA87J2MN by opening the Intel® FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center Home page --> Computers and License Files --> All Computers  --> Select the Computer (LAPTOP-HA87J2MN) (00E04C3B883D (blue text)) and now Generate License (File)). 

License file arrives to my mail-address, but file only includes some basic version of license of Quartus II of respective computers. There was no Video & Image Processing Suite license included. Note, in the old license file (appendix 3) is the Video & Image Processing Suite license. The 30th March, 2024 renewed license file, however, only includes just set of basic license set of Quartus II.

Further status, 30th March, 2024

I found out that before was included the Video & Image Processing license, but the one after my renew (30 March), the Video & Image Processing license didn't anymore was included

Question: What is the reason?  

Status, 1st April, 2024

I thought should I wait to ensure the License expires before I try renew license? So I did, now when I open up the License Assistant and ask the Renew alternative, it really shows me the LAPTOP-HA87J2MN, (second one) Computer. However, I didn't confirm and couldn’t fellow the License Assistant session in any way, because I had to interrupt session to check up the suggested second one Computer’s name. I logged out from Intel site.

Status, 2nd April, 2024

I made some manual tests again (not by License Assistant) of request a license renew. Not successful. Now I try the renew session again via License Assistant, but now License Assistant doesn't find any License alternative (LAPTOP-HA87J2MN, (second one Computer) to show up.

Question: Can we get back the License Assistant session to show up again the alternative LAPTOP-HA87J2MN, (second one Computer) when I start the License Assistant session? What could be the best solution?

Question: Do I have to renew or regenerate the license for the LAPTOP-HA87J2MN, (second one Computer) to also get the Video & Image Processing License included?

Best Regards, 

Mats

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mbjor2_1
Novice

Thank you for the message. I am a member of the Intel FPGA Academic Program. Here is information you asked for.

Name :                         Mats Björkqvist

Email Address           mats.bjorkqvist@student.uwasa.fi                                                                 

Company Name :       University of Vaasa

Company Address :   Vaasa, FINLAND

NICID/Mac Address: Look in the files I have already sent to you. 

For now, I am partly working on remote at home. At home I use a WIN-10 PC. At the University a have been using the WIN-7 PC from where the license was Rehosted to the WIN-10 PC. 

The aim is to primary renew the WIN-10 PC license. I would also like to renew the WIN-7 license, but we can address that later. The WIN-10 PC license has expired so the WIN-10 PC issue is not solved. 

I have tried to Renew and also Regenerate the WIN-10 PC license but, for example, the VIP license, is not found in the received Renew either Regenerate .dat files. What to do?

It's is better we use one expert here,  for example the one who helped me well last time (Jorwin S. at Intel Customer Support Associate). It is not good leave the issue to a community, because you will get >60 replays and it is hard to satisfy everyone's suggestion on the community.

Other issues:

Where can I leave my answer to your messages? Where is the address link to send back my answers I have seen the no_replay address, but you don't succeed bt that. Send back a clear link to how I can send my answer to. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to the INTEL forum. To further check, could you provide details

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID/Mac Address :

Attach license.dat file for working and not working

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
Mbjor2_1
Novice
Hi, I have already sent you information you asked for. Did you got any? May be I should asked an other community about the issue(?)
Mats
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We do not receive your message. We PM you another private message. Hope you received it

0 Kudos
Mbjor2_1
Novice

Thank you for the message. I am a member of the Intel FPGA Academic Program. Here is information you asked for.

Name :                         Mats Björkqvist

Email Address           mats.bjorkqvist@student.uwasa.fi                                                                 

Company Name :       University of Vaasa

Company Address :   Vaasa, FINLAND

NICID/Mac Address: Look in the files I have already sent to you. 

For now, I am partly working on remote at home. At home I use a WIN-10 PC. At the University a have been using the WIN-7 PC from where the license was Rehosted to the WIN-10 PC. 

The aim is to primary renew the WIN-10 PC license. I would also like to renew the WIN-7 license, but we can address that later. The WIN-10 PC license has expired so the WIN-10 PC issue is not solved. 

I have tried to Renew and also Regenerate the WIN-10 PC license but, for example, the VIP license, is not found in the received Renew either Regenerate .dat files. What to do?

It's is better we use one expert here,  for example the one who helped me well last time (Jorwin S. at Intel Customer Support Associate). It is not good leave the issue to a community, because you will get >60 replays and it is hard to satisfy everyone's suggestion on the community.

Other issues:

Where can I leave my answer to your messages? Where is the address link to send back my answers I have seen the no_replay address, but you don't succeed bt that. Send back a clear link to how I can send my answer to. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos