Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
21009 Discussions

USB download cable with Intel Max 10 - 10M08 Evaluation Kit

Panit
Beginner

I would like to request data information about Intel Max 10 - 10M08 Evaluation Kit.
I saw that this evaluation board kit need to use Intel FPGA Download Cable : PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN for programming also.
I'm not sure that if I buy PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN then I can use it with evaluation kit immediately or not? It need to have a license or any thing that I need to know before?
Reason to ask this question because there are very different cost about this cable between Terasic and other supplier such as Digikey or Mouser. Which Terasic have cost cheap than other supplier. So, I don't sure with this cheaper cable it need to have other thing that I don't know or not?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You dont need license to use USB Blaster/Blaster II programming cable. You can use the programming cable immediately.

To purchase USB Blaster II programming cable : https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=74

USB Blaster programming cable - slower TCK speed ~16MHz

USB Blaster II programming cable - faster TCK speed ~24MHz

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
FvM
Honored Contributor I
Terasic USB Blaster is a cheaper but 100 % compatible Version of original Altera/Intel USB Blaster. There are also very cheap USB Blaster clones on the market which are not fully driver compatible and often causing problems.
0 Kudos
Panit
Beginner

What is often problem that maybe occurs or you ever to found it?

0 Kudos
Panit
Beginner

Thank a lot for information

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos