Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Using Cyclone V based SoC device without HPS

Smith222122
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having some part leadtime issues and I'm forced to use a Cyclone V based SoC device, but I only want to use the FPGA. I know I can program the FPGA without any HPS intervention using a PROM (EPCQ) device. 

My question is, do I need to instantiate the HPS in Platform Designer to be able to only use the FPGA or can I get away with not instantiating the HPS and still use the FPGA?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You don't need to add the HPS IP at all.  Just treat it like a standard non-SoC device.

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Smith

Just like what sstrell mention, you do not need to place the HPS in platform designer.

It is fine.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Smith222122

Are you able to get your design running?

Any more question for this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since a solution have been provided and no feedback was received, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since a solution have been provided and no feedback was received, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos