CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

VCCT_GXB & VCCR_GXB Ripple Measurements

YKRIS
Novice

Hi,

I am using the Cyclone 10 GX in one of my designs

I would like to measure the VCCT_GXB & VCCR_GXB voltage AC

component (ripple, dynamic response, noise etc) and make sure is wihthin the required

noise tolerance.

What is the recommended oscilloscope bandwidth settings for this

measurement?

thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries on the oscilloscope bandwidth to use for XCVR power supplies measurement. For your information, as I search into documentation, there seems to be no specific information on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to for sharing purpose only, based on my own experience, I have used scope with 500MHz bandwidth.

It is recommended for you to further consult your test or measurement equipment vendor on the right equipment to use for your measurement. I believe they should be the right person to advise you on this.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice
Hi, Thanks for the quick response. Allow me to clarify my question. I'm asking what is the maximum frequency of the voltage AC component (voltage regulator ripple, noise, dynamic response etc) that will reduce the FPGA performance? The noise tolerance limit in the PDN tool is very tight (2%) and high BW probe will pick up a lot of high frequency noise. Most of the complex ICs i use filter AC above 20MHz inside the IC package (in the die or substrate). Thanks!
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification. I understand that your specific inquiry is as following:

"I'm asking what is the maximum frequency of the voltage AC component (voltage regulator ripple, noise, dynamic response etc) that will reduce the FPGA performance?"

As I search into the datasheet, I could not find any specific information on this. We would need to further engage our power expert to see if they have any inside into this.

Would you mind to help me open a new Forum case on this specific inquiry and let me know the case number so that I can help to expedite the routing to power team? Sorry as I am not able to duplicate or open new case from my side and would need your help on this. 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice
Hi, Im sorry not sure i understand the request. You want me to ask the question in another forum? What forum topic should i choose ? Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, Sorry if there is any confusion. Would you mind to help to ask a new question in the same Forum with title ie “The maximum frequency of the FPGA voltage AC component” so that I could help to assign to our power team for further assistance. I am having issue copying or duplicating cases in Forum probably due to permission issue. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up if you have managed to open a new case in the Forum. If yes, mind share with me the case number so that I could help to expedite the routing (in case it is still not attended to). Thank you,.

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I have notified the power team to expedite the routing. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice

thanks!

0 Kudos