Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

Warning (287001): Assertion warning: Device family MAX10 does not have MLAB blocks -- using available memory blocks

XQSHEN
Novice

Device: 10M16DCU324I7G

Design : NIOS + UNIPHY for DDR2

Below warning is generated when synthesis. I don't understand the problem and action required.

Warning (287001): Assertion warning: Device family MAX10 does not have MLAB blocks -- using available memory blocks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

This warning means that Max 10 does not have MLAB blocks, it got only M9k blocks https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/m10_overview.pdf page 11.

You don't need to do anythings, Quartus will auto assign to other memory blocks since this device do not have MLAB blocks.

0 Kudos
XQSHEN
Novice

But I don't specify anywhere using MLAB blocks, and Quartus also should know Max10 resources. Why such warning come up?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

That will need to investigate. Can you attached your design.qar here? Or you can email to us privately. You may check your email.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Kindly take note this will be handle internally.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

This thread had been resolve internally, it had been set to closed.

After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos