Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

What is the difference between EN6360QI and EN6360QA?

sandar1
Beginner

I compared both data sheets of EN6360QI and EN6360QA but i didn't find any differences between them.

Can you advise if there is any difference between those parts?

Can i use EN6360QA as an alternate for EN6360QI?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

The differences is just the feature and some electrical characteristic. You can check from the datasheet. Yes, you can as long as it meets your design specification.

0 Kudos
sandar1
Beginner

For EN6337QA (Automotive version), we have a concern about Pin number 22. The datasheet says that the part must connect a 560 ohm resistor from PVIN to PG. This resistor doesn't exist on our board and specifically noted to not be there for the non-automotive part.

Can you answer the following question for me?

Is it ok to use EN6337QA as an alternate of EN6337QI without having a 560 Ohm resistor at pin 22 (From PVIN to PG)?

Please advise. Thank you!

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It is recommended to connect with a 560 Ohm resistor at pin 22 as per the datasheet. May i know where do you see the option to not connect it?

sandar1
Beginner

The current part we are using is EN6337QI (non automotive part) and no resistor is recommended to connect at pin 22 of this part. So, we also don't have any resistor connected at pin 22 of this part on our PCB.

If we use EN6337QA (an automotive part) as a replacement of EN6337QI (non automotive part), we have to do rework on our PCB to add a 560 ohms resistor at pin 22 since adding this resistor is recommended for automotive part on its data sheet. SO, my question is

Is it ok to use EN6337QA as an alternate of EN6337QI without having a 560 Ohm resistor at pin 22 (From PVIN to PG)?

Can we use EN6337QA as a direct drop-in replacement for EN6337QI? If not, Can you recommend an alternate for EN6337QI?

Please advise. Thank you!

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

There is no direct replacement for the part. However, if the pin placement is compatible and also the data specification is meeting your board requirement. It is fine. Meanwhile the the resistor requirement, it is mandatory as per the datasheet.

0 Kudos