Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

Which intel/Altera FPGAs are considered "Compound Semiconductors"?

KRouv
Beginner

I need to know whether or not the Cyclone V SoC devices are considered "Compound Semiconductors" for export purposes. It's my understanding that the compound semiconductor devices use more than one type of semiconductor material in the device. A list of any/all FPGA devices that "are" classified as compound semiconductors would be helpful though my immediate need for information is limited to the Cyclone V SoC family.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

​​Hi,

Currently I am reviewing the forum for any open questions and found this thread. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a while you posted this question, I'm wondering if you have found the answer? If not, please let me know, I will try to assign/find someone to assist you. Please do expect some delay in response as most of our agents are out of office due to the year-end holidays. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We apologies for the late response. To know the device material, you can refer to its material declaration report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/quality-and-reliability/environmental/material-decl.html

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos