Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

Why MAX10 always boot from CFM0 when power up?

yxm00
Beginner

There are 2 different image in Max10(10M08SAE).

1. Pin of CONFIG_SEL , 10-KΩ pull-down.
  2. I have set config_sel_overwrite=1, config_sel= 1( When I trigger FPGA to reconfigure by DualBoot IP, it can boot from CFM1/2. )
  3. After power up, I found config_sel_overwrite=0, config_sel= 0, and boot from CFM0. Why? Are they(config_sel_overwrite & config_sel ) saved in FLASH or register?

I thought I can select the Boot Image by writing config_sel & config_sel_overwrite even in Power cycle of FPGA.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you are using the Dual Boot IP, then you will need to write a state machine to on your image0 so that after setting the config_sel_overwrite and config_sel then you only you trigger the reconfigure through the IP.

If you would like to boot to Image1 after power cycle then you will need to connect CONFIG_SEL pin to 10-KΩ pull-up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you are using the Dual Boot IP, then you will need to write a state machine to on your image0 so that after setting the config_sel_overwrite and config_sel then you only you trigger the reconfigure through the IP.

If you would like to boot to Image1 after power cycle then you will need to connect CONFIG_SEL pin to 10-KΩ pull-up.

0 Kudos
yxm00
Beginner
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Your welcome. Please feel free to create new forum case if you have any other queries.

0 Kudos