Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20718 Discussions

Why is it that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is not able to install...?

Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Why is it that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is not able to install all latest drivers in one Computer that works with INTEL technology? I have one DELL OptiPlex 5040 and with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) I was not able to download all the latest drivers on my PC. Then I have to install some another makers driver updater software like Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc. to update all my drivers to the latest version. I install different driver updater software because if one driver updater software cannot find the latest driver for one device, it can do the another one. I always after I format my Computer, I install some 10 driver updater software and then after I update all drivers and uninstall the software's I got the latest drivers and I am satisfied and my PC works lighting fast.

Why not concentrate and work and make the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) find the latest drivers available for all Computers that work with INTEL technology and beat all another driver updater software makers? I mean if you install the drivers with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) and then try to install drivers with software's like Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc. this software's must say all your drivers are up to date and only then the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is working good as it should and as it was made to work.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are creating for yourself a huge problem by using "Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc."  You never know what information they are collecting, to what country it is going, and what payloads their downloads may contain.  It is only a matter of time before your system is compromised.

And, instead of complaining about IDSA, which is not for your device, why are you not using the dell provided tool?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

I also use the DELL Command Update, but it cannot find the latest drivers as the software's like Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc. do. But after updating my drivers with software's like Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc. I always uninstall those software's and I always do one virus scan on my Computer with Loaris Trojan Remover and Malwarebytes and different antivirus software's and they find the viruses that came with the driver updater software's and delete them and then my Computer is ok and it works perfectly and lighting fast because it has the latest drivers that exist in internet.

I would recommend to INTEL to work more and update the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) software that when you update all drivers with this INTEL software and then do scans with another driver updater makers like Driver Easy, Driver Genius, Driver Booster, Auslogics Driver Updater etc. all this software's must say: All your drivers are up to date. Then the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) software is in the best possible mode of working and updating drivers on Computers that work with INTEL technology.

And then it would be one big success for INTEL in updating drivers on Computers.

I am saying this because I know, that the newer the drivers are the better the Computer's perform even the light on the monitor, with the latest drivers is better and all other things are better, if you have the latest INTEL made drivers in your Computer.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your obsession with with updatng drivers is going to compromise your machine, eventually.   And, no virus scanner is perfect.

And, new/latest drivers can have errors and fail. 

There are others that are obsessed with driver updating, and they eventually come here crying and begging for help because their system is corrupted or their data is lost, or something, caused by some driver obtained from somewhere.

Regarding IDSA, you are fortunate that it works at all. 

But, you do what you want.  It is your machine.

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Oh, thank You for the advice. But, since 20 years that I have one Computer at home I have mastered how to get the latest drivers and do not harm the operating system.

I always do it my way and my Computer never gets corrupted because I do not touch the firmware's of anything, I only do update the drivers. In updating firmware's, I do not have knowledge and I always am afraid that if I try to update one firmware my Computer will get corrupt and the firmware's, I always leave as they are, as they came when the Computer was bought.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, my 51 years of computers says that the odds are against you.

But, good luck anyway.

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Thank You. I wish You also good luck.

But, look at these attachments. Just look. My Computer is one DELL OptiPlex 5040 that was released in year 2016 and with Microsoft Windows Update and with DELL Command Update I would get all the time the drivers from the year 2016 or 2017 and with that, 10  different driver updater software's that I install always after I format my Computer and update the drivers and then I uninstall all those driver updater software's and then I scan my Computer with different antivirus software's to remove every virus that comes with the driver updater software and I got this: look at the attachments.

I have the most important system drivers are all from the year 2019. And some another drivers I have from year 2022 or even year 2023. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I really do not see your point.  Seems like you have reached some point of nirvana.  It makes me wonder why you are so concerned with IDSA.

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

I am concerned because I want that IDSA can also find all system device from the year 2019 drivers not only Auslogics Driver Updater that is not an INTEL software. This is what I do not find it right. The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) says you have the best latest drivers and they are from the year 2017, but when I install the Auslogics Driver Updater software it finds the latest 2019 drivers for my system and the later the drivers are the better they are because they come out with bug fixes and another fixes, that year 2016 drivers were not so good and then INTEL then makes new, year 2019 drivers that are better than those old year 2016 drivers.

These drivers in attachment pictures you cannot find and install with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) software and this is what INTEL must fix, the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) must find always the latest drivers for Computers with INTEL technology.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Did you bother to read the IDSA exclusion list?

This dream that you have of IDSA providing these drivers is just that - a dream.

I am finished with this discussion.

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

No, I did not read the IDSA exclusion list. I hope, I will read it in the future.

I am also finished with this discussion.

I wish you all the best AlHill and thank you for replying.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Not sure what this has to do with FPGAs.  Wrong forum?

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

I could not find the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) in the forum suggestions and I posted here. Sorry.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@sstrellYou are correct.   It has nothing to do with FPGAs.   But, IDSA does not have a home (by design), so users usually post anywhere.  A moderator will probably move this to either the processor or graphic forum, where most of the IDSA posts seem to pool.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Murtezi__Arsim

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® DSA, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please be aware that Intel® DSA was designed for Intel products such as Intell® NUCs, you have an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) system, which should be using the Driver Assistant made by the OEM. Most OEMs have their own Driver Assistant and Dell is not the exception. 

Also, Since you have an OEM system, we recommend checking with your Original Equipment Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics/Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

You can try the following steps to try to fix this issue, however, please take in mind that you may encounter incompatibility issues due to the reasons mentioned above: 

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show the status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 
  2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 
  3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 
  4. Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy, these are the only web browsers supported for this tool. 
  5. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 
  6. If the previous steps didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Thank You, 

Jocelyn M.   

I installed the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) and also the Dell Command Update and did driver update scans and got this see in the attachment's pictures. Also, the software DUMo from KC Software's and it is telling that attached in the attachment.

I could have not achieved all these latest drivers and make my Computer s secure if I had not installed also another driver updater software's after every format, I do that, I install some 10 driver updater software's from different software companies and I find the latest drivers. It is so because if one driver software company does not have one latest driver it has the another company.

Then after I format my Computer in the end I do many (C:) virus scans with different antivirus software like: Malwarebytes, Loaris Trojan Remover is very successful, McAfee, Norton etc. and I clean the malware and not needed files that came with those 10 driver updater software's from different companies. 

I would like that the Dell Command Update or Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) find the latest drivers always and when I do scans with those 10 driver updater software from different companies they must say: You have the latest drivers installed.

This is what I mean.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Murtezi__Arsim

Thank you for the information provided. 

However, please be aware that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on Download Center, you may have an Intel product that isn't supported by this tool.  

Intel Products That Aren’t Supported by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) 

After checking the images you sent. you are looking for driver updates that are not provided by Intel but by the OEM, since you don't have a system manufactured by Intel.  

You can check in this article that for OEM systems, you need to contact the OEM (System Manufacturer) for the rest of the system drivers as these are only provided by the OEM: What Components Does Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Detect? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Welcome,

I think companies like Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus etc. must have access to the latest different Intel drivers also in their driver updater tools.

It is so because the thing is that Computers must be fast, fixed and secure always. This is important.

All the best

Arsim Murtezi

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Murtezi__Arsim

We recommend you to provide this feedback to your System Manufacturer so you can get all the latest drivers for your computer. 

We will proceed to close this thread now. Have a nice day.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Murtezi__Arsim
Beginner

Alright, thank you very much.

All the best,

Arsim Murtezi

0 Kudos