Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

akamai dlm.js Broken download links affecting the Quartus Lite, SocEDS, Arm DS downloads & others.

nden
Beginner
e.g. when you log in and then visit pages with download menus/links such as these:
et. al.
...the aforementioned web page seems to try to load the following URL that fails to be loaded:
Request method:GET

The result of the 'dlm.js' failing to load appears to be that clicking the blue circle with the down arrow in it next to the link to download one of the offered files does not succeed in starting a download.

As far as I can tell an underlying cause of the problem is that
the host name referenced:
'client.akamai.com'
is a CNAME alias:
     client.akamai.com canonical name = client.akamai.com.edgekey.net.
and the referenced host name 'client.akamai.com.edgekey.net' cannot be resolved by DNS
though normal DNS queries to other hosts are successful normally as far as I can tell.

I believe this is similar to a regression of the following previously existing (year 2016) issue :

It would be very nice if the Intel web pages that present download links to files would ALSO simply directly
show the actual 'direct' download URL link to the selected file leaving the use of the download manager
related button to be OPTIONAL if the user even wants to consider the use of some download manager which depends on dlm.js or whatever that is supposed to do if it actually worked.

In my present case this is seen on a LINUX host with firefox browser, though as I can see the DNS problem simply using a shell command line I don't think it has anything to do with my browser or OS.

So far I am unable to download:
'DS000-BN-00000-r20p0-00rel1.tgz' for LINUX version 2020.0 because of this
Arm* DS for Intel® SoC FPGA
    Arm* DS for Intel® SoC FPGA
    Size: 1.3 GB MD5: F32D01C51B86C6B0DE573941C77EED32
...but as I said it seems to be a problem with anything using dlm.js.

If you're going to reference dlm.js anyway why not have a local copy of it on your own web server
(which I have to assume is possibly permitted) -- it seems to cause intermittent problems for your users
as seen by the other support ticket problem which I linked.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Chris,

Thanks for concern we area really appreciate it. This is a valid issue and I can reproduce the issue at my side as well. I will file a ticket to IT and check this internally.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Chris,

Have you able to download the DS ARM SoC Fpga for Linux? I guess the download link fixed already, as it works at my side? Let me know if you are having difficulties to download it.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
Lennart1
Beginner

I can not download any files for quartus on linux e.g. https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/18.1/?edition=lite&platform=linux

Edit: works with chromium but not with Firefox

0 Kudos