Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

any plans for Cyclone 10 SoC?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm planning a new project and looking for most up-to-date devices. 

Are there any plans in near future to release Cyclone 10 SoC FPGAs? 

Regards
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Yes, you can check it here 

https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/cyclone-series.html 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think the previous information is not correct. The settem user has asked if there is a plan to release Cyclone 10 SoC. Up to now there is no information about such device family at all. 

Regards, 

Martin
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

As stated, there's no information at present on Intel's plans for updated SoC's especially in the Cyclone V/10 series. If there are any new developments, Intel would definitely post it in their website. Even if they did have plans for future SoC's, information will not be put in public domain at present. Best option is to keep visiting the Intel programmable site for SoC's and also Intel news/ product release information.  

-Abr
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And anyway between an announcement and availability of the components it will be months, or even a year. So it's better to start planning with the current available components. 

Is the current offering not enough for what you have planned?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

thanks for the answers.  

I'm starting a project that will last about 3 years. I was hoping that when it comes to the hardware development i would use fresh SoCs. CycV are ok for me, but I'm hoping for lower power and lower footprint size in future. Smallest SoC come in U484 19x19mm. 

I hope that in Intel era, you will not gonna abandon small, low-power devices. IoT market would be interested in small SoCs i guess.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's difficult to know in advance what plans Intel has for the Altera FPGAs but I'm afraid it will be more high performance oriented. If you can live with a less powerful Soc but with lower power consumption and lower footprint you can have a look at the Microsemi SmartFusion2 FPGAs.

0 Kudos