Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

anyone explain the flash programming setting for arria 10, part number 10AX115S2F45I1SG,

APPU_appu
New Contributor I

i want know flash programming configuration for arria 10 board, part number 10AX115S2F45I1SG, 

1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @APPU_appu,

Thank you for posting and sharing the finding in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Per understanding from the previous conversation, please do refer to the following steps here that will bring you through on generating the hex files.
Hope that helps to clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which flash are you referring to?

If you would like to understand what configuration is supported in Arria 10 then I would recommend you to check https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf Chapter 7.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Flash EPCQL1024,

Ashwi_0-1614510854929.png

please tell me how to assign start address foe .sof and .hex file.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From the picture provided, you are using Active Serial programming. You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iga1446487888057.html#fwl1479912385825 Chapter 5.2.3.3.3 on how to set the memory addressing.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hi @JohnT_Intel 

Thanks,

according to handbook i updated my project, still it is showing same  error.

is there any example project related to  remote update generic flash serial for arria 10 part number 10AX115S2F45I1SG and EPCQL1024 flash. 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what is the error observed? The reason is that the image is very blur.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hii @JohnT_Intel @n_scott_pearson

Thanks for replying

1.Here the issue is how to generate .hex file (if i generate .hex file with the nios tool, while generating .jic file Quartus tool is telling like address overlap with 0x0000_00F0).

2. What should be the address for Nios IP and generic serial IP for reset vector.

3.what should be written in main.c (nios II SBT) to connect remote terminal

4. how to connect remote teminal our project

Thanks @JohnT_Intel 

Below i attached my project arria 10 (part number : 10AX115S2F45I1SG and flash EPCQL1024)

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which HEX file should I used? I try both the hex file in software\arria10\mem_init folder and it is telling me that there is overlap data inside the hex file.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hi @JohnT_Intel 

Thanks,

yes with that both file i am geting same error like

Ashwi_0-1614747943569.pngAshwi_1-1614747962663.png

i am also facing same issue, i am not able to solve. can u tell me how to generate proper .hex file with nios

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hi @JohnT_Intel 

Thanks,

community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/Arria-10-gx-remote-upgrade-generic-flash-access-using-flash/m-p/1260855#M19387

what ever projet you give that project is not having nois ip and generic flash and remote ip also.

If i tried upgrade 18.1 quartus it is showing error in the ip upgradation

BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @APPU_appu,

Thank you for posting and sharing the finding in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Per understanding from the previous conversation, please do refer to the following steps here that will bring you through on generating the hex files.
Hope that helps to clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

hi @BoonBengT_Intel , @JohnT_Intel 

Ashwi_0-1619590865162.png

here is the new updatation. Remote IP and Nios Ip  also added.

after programing the jic to flash epcql1024 . fpga board it self not boading it showing red error led. 

below i added my project can u please check that one update.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I do not observed any attachment.

1. May I know if you are using Quartus Programmer to program the jic file?

2. When you mention not booting, is it the FPGA not configured successfully or the Nios II not booting successfully?

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel @BoonBengT_Intel 
just now updated one attachmenet plaese check that one and yes for remote upgrad we used .rpd file which generated form .jic (sof + hex file) . when i tried upgrade flash with .rpd file with the external tool like remote terminal/uart terminal fpga glowing with red led after powering on.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel 

part number is : 10AX115S2F45I1SG and flash epcql1024

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which address do you start writing into the flash? If you are writing into address 0x0 of the flash then it will not work. You will need write to address 0x20 of the flash.

Do you generate with Little Endian or Big Endian? You can change the rpd endian through the Option setting.

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel 
address : 0x20 of the flash and little endian used while generating .rpd file

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to generate big endian and see if the issue is resolved? If it is still not resolved, could you help to read the flash content?

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

hi @JohnT_Intel 

thank you for ur reply,

I tried with big endian also same issue i am facing

0 Kudos