Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20957 Discussions

bitbake_image failed in HPS Example Design for Agilex 7 I-Series DevKit (2x R-Tile and 1x F-Tile)

uniqueMR
Novice

Hi, 

I was following HPS Example Design for Agilex 7 I-Series DevKit (2x R-Tile and 1x F-Tile)  and failed at the step 'bitbake_image'. I attached the logfile of failure to this thread. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi uniqueMR,

I will find time and try out the build on my side to see if there is similar error.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
uniqueMR
Novice

Dear Aik Eu,

Hi! Thanks for your concern. Though the problem is not fully fixed, I find that the programming files are already provided in the document and I'm able to load them into my device following the guidance. So I might choose to skip this step temporarily. 

Now I have a new problem. When I tried to build a serial communication, I'm confused about how I should connect my USB-Uart cable to Pin J15 on the board. It's not specified in the document and I could not find any specification on physical pin assignment in datasheets or user guidance. If you succeed while trying on your side, could you take a picture of the physical connection and the serial console configurations? 

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Runlong Hu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi uniqueMR,

Are you using a DK-DEV-AGI027RBES board?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Temp83.png

Suppose it is connected with a PL2303TA cable.

0 Kudos
uniqueMR
Novice

Yeah, I'm using that board, and I find the J15 to connect with PL2303TA.

Also, thanks to the author of this tutorial, Ritesh Belgudri. He sent me the schematic showing the port definitions of HPS UART interface. Now I have successfully established the UART connection and run HelloWorld! 

At this point, there's no issue frustrating me, since I can use the provided .pof and .jic files and skip the 'bitbake_image' step. But I will still appreciate it if you can provide any clues on fixing this issue. It might still be an issue as I proceed to deploy my own design.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Runlong Hu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi uniqueMR,

Glad to hear that the connection issue has been solved and by using the pre-built images. You were able to run the program.

I will follow up again with the issue related to bitbake image step from the document.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
uniqueMR
Novice

Now the 'bitbake_image' problem has been resolved. I'm not sure but the problem might be related to Yocto workflow. The modification I made is to make an extra git commit after customizing linux kernel. This step seems to match the behavior it did when customizing u-boot and solve the problem. 

Thank you for your follow up with this issue!

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi uniqueMR,

Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved.

I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com/s/?language=en_US’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos