Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

compilation Error: Port "..." does not exist in macrofunction "DE0_nano_sopc_inst"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i compile the project in quartus, it gives me [ Error: Port "SPI_IN_to_the_adc_spi_read" does not exist in macrofunction "DE0_nano_sopc_inst" ] 

Detailed description of my situation:: 

im using Quartus 11sp1 

i have a top level "DE0_nano.bdf", using file > create/Update > create hdl design file, to create "DE0_nano.v" from the .bdf. this compiles well. 

I generate SOPC using SOPC builder. it compiles well and generates "DE0_nano_SOPC_inst.v" 

now when i compile the project in quartus, it gives me [ Error: Port "SPI_IN_to_the_adc_spi_read" does not exist in macrofunction "DE0_nano_sopc_inst" ] 

i look in "DE0_nano_SOPC_inst.v" where the "DE0_nano_sopc_inst" resides 

----start file---- 

DE0_Nano_SOPC DE0_Nano_SOPC_inst 

.MISO_to_the_adc_spi_read (MISO_to_the_adc_spi_read), 

); 

----end file----- 

sure enough its not in this file. 

Looking in "DE0_nano.v" 

----start file---- 

DE0_Nano_SOPC b2v_DE0_nano_sopc_inst( 

.SPI_IN_to_the_adc_spi_read(GPIO_1[11]), //here it is 

----end file----- 

it seems that SOPC builder generation doesnt want to update "DE0_nano_SOPC_inst.v" to include the variable "SPI_IN_to_the_adc_spi_read". but its obvious in my DE0_nano.bdf and DE0_nano.v, that the variable "SPI_IN_to_the_adc_spi_read" is there. 

how do i solve this error?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

nvm. solved. 

I just had to right click in the .bdf file choose update symbol and then compile.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i got similar problem. 

but i use verilog, not vhdl. 

after i modified the sopc, i got this error: 

Error: Port "SPI_CS_n_from_the_gsensor_spi" does not exist in macrofunction "DE0_NANO_SOPC_inst" 

and then i check DE0_NANO_SOPC_inst, and SPI_CS_n_from_the_gsensor_spi is already inside DE0_NANO_SOPC_inst. 

but why when i compile it, it's not detected. 

please help me. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

nvm. solved. 

I just had to right click in the .bdf file choose update symbol and then compile. 

--- Quote End ---  

thanks. 

hdai
0 Kudos