Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

configuration scheme

open01
New Contributor I

Hi,

What is the difference between the Configuration scheme in <Device and Pin Options> and the Mode in <Convert Programming File>?

open01_1-1643102302078.png

open01_0-1643102270726.png

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Choosing the config scheme in Device and Pin options specifies how the programming file will be generated when the Assembler is run from a regular compile.  Choosing a different scheme in CPF lets you convert an existing file to a different file format or scheme if needed.

0 Kudos
open01
New Contributor I

Hi , thank you for your answer,

I want to describe my question in detail once.

My configuration method is to choose Active Serial Mode.
And when I try to compare the programming files with different options.
I found that no matter how I choose Device and Pin options(Configuration scheme) it doesn't affect the content.
As shown in the picture below,

open01_1-1643180835101.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

.rpd file is use to keep the design only. It does not keep the configuration mode. .rpd file will be different if you use different design.

To see the different when changing configuration mode, you will need to see from .pof file because .pof keep the configuration mode.

Hope this help!

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
open01
New Contributor I

Hi, thank you for your answer,

But I use the same design, just make different choices of mode in the Convert Programming File, then the content of .rpd will be a little different, as shown below,

open01_0-1643337794551.png

Isn't this a difference in Configuration mode?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

All information regarding the hex content in rpd is confidential. I apologize I that cannot further assist you regarding to this query.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000074325.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos