Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

error of PCIE PERST_N whe running fitter!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Error (169029): Pin PERST_N is incompatible with I/O bank 3B. Pin uses I/O standard 2.5 V, which has a VCCIO requirement incompatible with that bank's VCCIO setting or its other pins that use VCCIO 1.5V. 

Extra Info (169121): Device 5SGXMA3H2F35I3 

how to solve this problem ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Change the pins I/O standard to one compatible with the VCCIO level on that bank, or move the pin to another bank with a compatible VCCIO level.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

PERST_N is a designated pin for PCIE hard ip, and its voltage is required as 3.3v. but this bank's VCCIO is set to 1.5v for QDR interface.  

when I change the pin I/O standard to 1.5v , same error occurs and additionally one warning reports : 

Warning (15772): Pin PERST_N cannot have I/O standard assignment 1.5 V. The pin is a PCIe reset pin connected to the HIP and is therefore powered by VCCPGM. The Fitter is ignoring this assignment. 

Error (169029): Pin PERST_N is incompatible with I/O bank 3B. Pin uses I/O standard 2.5 V, which has a VCCIO requirement incompatible with that bank's VCCIO setting or its other pins that use VCCIO 1.5V. 

Extra Info (169121): Device 5SGXMA3H2F35I3 

so if there is other solution for this problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If this is a board you've designed then you are out of luck - you should have test compiled your pin assignments before getting the board made. 

If it is a dev kit then whoever designed the dev kit did a terrible job. 

You can't put pins that require 1.5V VCCIO on the same bank as pins that require 2.5V/3V VCCIO, and there is no work around as far as I'm aware.
0 Kudos