Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

how to connect FPGA to bluetooth module

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, i need some help here. well i'am doing my final year project, i'am going to do a wireless communication between FPGA and a bluetooth module using an android application, i'am wondering how can i implement this,i can't get any idea can you help me please (i'am using altera de2 fpga). a point i want to add i won't to add either arduina or pic microcontroller i want another solutions

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What are the specs of your module? Without knowing that it is hard to help you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What are the specs of your module? Without knowing that it is hard to help you. 

--- Quote End ---  

in fact, i don't know which one i will use, just give one that i can use it and how to interface it with the fpga, really i'am lost in this part.an dthnx in advance and for your help.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, there are too many unknown parameters for me to tell you what you should do. You say it is your final year project, so I assume you know how to select parameters for the design. What is the speed you need, what is the range etc. Then choose a chip on the parameters you choose, I would recommend to find a chip that allows for easy soldering and, if you want, has multiple packages. So you have one for development, and then can use smaller footprint for production. If you don't care at all, you might search for Arduino modules.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Well, there are too many unknown parameters for me to tell you what you should do. You say it is your final year project, so I assume you know how to select parameters for the design. What is the speed you need, what is the range etc. Then choose a chip on the parameters you choose, I would recommend to find a chip that allows for easy soldering and, if you want, has multiple packages. So you have one for development, and then can use smaller footprint for production. If you don't care at all, you might search for Arduino modules. 

--- Quote End ---  

ok i will give you the parameters as soon as i get it,thnx for your help :)
0 Kudos