Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

install Quartus-lite is 64-bit softwar and will not work on the 32-bit platform Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone! I've been working the last week to FPGA programming software. I really new on this. There are some version to run the Quartus-lite to 32-bit platform on linux? When I download the mentioned software and run the message "installing Quartus-lite 16.1.0 is 64-bit software and will not work on the 32-bit platform. I'm using Debian8. 

Thanks in advanced.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello everyone! I've been working the last week to FPGA programming software. I really new on this. There are some version to run the Quartus-lite to 32-bit platform on linux? When I download the mentioned software and run the message "installing Quartus-lite 16.1.0 is 64-bit software and will not work on the 32-bit platform. I'm using Debian8. 

Thanks in advanced. 

--- Quote End ---  

Checking youtube videos, I installed Quartus II Web Edition 13.0, all process was OK , 

Thanks
0 Kudos
JSmit233
Beginner

The Intel Quartus Prime Lite design tools version 16.0 supports the following device families: Arria II, Cyclone 10 LP, Cyclone IV, Cyclone V, MAX II, MAX V, and MAX 10 FPGAs. This lite edition does not require the purchase of a license and fully supports the Cyclone IV FPGA used on the Gecko4-Education boards. The software package includes the Mentor Graphics ModelSIM 10.6d (Intel Starter Edition), a multi-language HDL simulation environment.

Download Source

The software can be downloaded for Windows and Linux from the Intel FPGA Software Download Center. The download may require the creation of a free My Intel account.