Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

.jic file

FPGA1
Novice

Hello, everyone. I'd like to ask

I now ask. JIC file, each in its structure has a CRC check, where can I find or provide a document

thank you 

17 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have the file to provide the information related to CRC checl.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

Hello,

do you mean there is no CRC code similar to bin file in JIC? So, is it similar to the data that can prove the uniqueness of the JIC file?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

JIC is ASCII code which is readable by user.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

Hi

Do you have this document, or know the name of this document, I will try to find it

thank 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I make a mistake on mentioning JIC is user readable. Actually JIC is a binary file which is only readable by Quartus. We do not release any document or guide on how to check the file.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

hi,

What about RPD ?

thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Same with RPD file where it is a binary file. We are not able to released how the format structure as it is confidential.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

Hello

what else can identify JIC and read it as data

thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to read the file as it is a binary data.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

hi ,

Thank you very much for your patience in answering the questions. I hope you can give me a suggestion now. Is there any way to identify the uniqueness of JIC files.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what type of uniqueness are you looking for?

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

hi

I want the data that can prove the uniqueness of this JIC file, just like CRC validation code, can prove its uniqueness

thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Each generation of the JIC file will varies. Not sure if this uniqueness is sufficient?

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice

hi

Because I want to pass the last generated JIC file to others through this unique "data", and then ensure that this JIC file is the last one I generated and transferred to him.This' data 'can be seen.

thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to determine the jic file as it is only binary file which is used to program into the flash.

0 Kudos
FPGA1
Novice
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Let me know if you have further queries or feel free to create new forum case if you have any new issue.

0 Kudos