Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

mSGDMA to LVDS SERDES

KRoma6
Beginner

What is the best way to send data to and from memory / LVDS SERDES? I currently have a mSGDMA (MM to Stream and stream to MM) with the streaming port exported. I then connect the exported streaming signals to the exported conduit signals of the LVDS SERDES using Verilog. I am getting a timing issue with the msgdma sink valid signal reporting a "long combinational path". Also platform reports a warning that the reset signal must be export with the stream but doing so results in a error. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kyle

You can refer to the MSGDMA design example in the below link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/MSGDMA-design-example/ta-p/735335

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
KRoma6
Beginner

Hello,

The example project comes in the .gz file, when I extract it becomes a tar file. How do you extract to get a working project directory?

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kyle

After to untar the package, you should be able to get a *qpf file (msgdma_example.qpf) that is able to be opened with Intel Quartus Prime Pro tools.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kyle

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos