Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

pof_error with EPCQ-A

Yehuda_Otzri
Beginner

migration from EPCQ32 to EPCQ32A with cyclone V using ASMI Parallel and RSU i get pof error, quartus version i use is 20.1.

in my project i dont use sector protect, i dont use read dummy clock also.

but when i try to load application image from factory image i get pof error, i do can read data from my EPCQ32A and it looks shifted, for example my factory image starts at address 0x0 and the application image starts at address 0x200000, if i read data at

0x200080 : F5

0x200081 : 65

0x200082 : 65

when i use board with EPCQ32 i read 

0x200080 : 56

0x200081 : 56

0x200082 : 56

it seems i have a problem with dummy clock but i cant find where, i did configure in ASMI IP for EPCQ32A, also in Remote update IP core.

my programing files are configured for EPCQ32A and i use compression for the APP image and Factory image.

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May i know how do you write the EPCQA? Do you write using the Single Byte Write operation in ASMI Parallel and then perform remote update using the remote update IP?

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Yehuda_Otzri
Beginner

Hi thanks for your replay

in my case the POF_ERROR i get in factory image loading the application image is always, even if i use the USB BLASTER download cable to program two pages (application and factory). i don't use single byte write, i use page write with page size 4. my design working well for EPCQ32 but for EPCQ32A it doesn't work.

attached snapshot of ALTASMII and Remote Update IP and file generate configurations.

thanks

yehuda

0 Kudos
Yehuda_Otzri
Beginner

tried to change in ALTASMI IP Core to EPCQ but still i always get POF_ERROR when loading the application image, 

both *.sof files i use are compressed 

attached signal tap screen shot.

my designed works for years with EPCQ32 but EPCQ32A does not work.

please help

thanks

yehuda

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Yehuda,

Not sure if you have seen AN822 before but I think it is worth to check with you again on it.

For POF Error, it seems like the bitstream is having issue in EPCQ-A. Can you check if you have followed the migration guide such as operation codes, timing for write / read operation and etc?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an822.pdf

Meanwhile for reading operation, it seems like there is some differences in dummy clock and regenerating the s .pof, .jic, and .rpd. with EPCQ-A is required.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an822.pdf#page=4

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos