Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20624 Discussions

prime ver 17 lite adition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i tried to run waveform simulation and inspire that in all sites i check posted that no licence needed for lite adition i get next error 

"Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing. 

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variables are set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem. 

Modelsim - Intel FPGA Edition uses the following environment variables to check the licenses (listed in the order of preference) 

1. MGLS_LICENSE_FILE 

2. LM_LICENSE_FILE. " 

what i should to do in this case and how can i run waveform simulation?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Have you set “license.dat”? 

If not, then refer following link for “Setting Windows Environment Variables” & then browse the license.dat file in “variable value box “, 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

4.1.2.2 Licensing the Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGAStarter Edition SoftwareIntel offers the entry-level Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGAStarter Edition software. This software supports selected devices, provides limitedfeature support, and does not require license files. 

i dont understand why i need any licence if i see this paragraph? and i steel not understand what to do!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

4.1.2.2 Licensing the Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGAStarter Edition SoftwareIntel offers the entry-level Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGAStarter Edition software. This software supports selected devices, provides limitedfeature support, and does not require license files. 

i dont understand why i need any licence if i see this paragraph? and i steel not understand what to do!!! 

--- Quote End ---  

then i start run waveform simulation i get next error 

Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing. 

** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing. 

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variables are set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem. 

Modelsim - Intel FPGA Edition uses the following environment variables to check the licenses (listed in the order of preference) 

1. MGLS_LICENSE_FILE 

2. LM_LICENSE_FILE. 

i get licence file and put it in the bin64 folder but steel get this error.  

what i need to do? 

Error.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Check the “Note” under “4.1.2.1 Licensing the Modelsim - Intel FPGA Edition Software” for ModelSim from the following link & refer previous post. 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf 

If you are using ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition Software then run-as administrator or Run the tool from installation directory itself instead running Modelsim from desktop short-cut. 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing.  

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel
0 Kudos