Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

programmer failed

CLyna
Beginner

I have recently purchased the DE1-Soc board of Terasic. I have been using the Quartus design suite for quiet a while but only for simulation. I have went through the steps of designing a very basic program. Every time i try to program it it says failed straight away. I have done more research and it says i need an intel Soc Embedded design Suite. I am just wondering is that the issue? The device is 5CSEMA5F31C6. Any help would be great. i just want to start using the board for projects now.

Thank you.

Ciaran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Ciara,

1. Check DIP switch (SW10) setting

2. Have you done pin assignment ?

3. Please provide Quartus programmer screenshot

4. Which programming method(JTAG or AS)

refer the below user manual,

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=167&No=836&PartNo=4

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
CLyna
Beginner

BCD2.PNGHi Vikas

Thanks for the quick reply i have attached the snapshots of the code and the programmer. I have looked at the manual. I cannot find the file DE1_soc_default to first send to the board? I sent the De1 soc system builder to the device and the seven segments stopped then tried again to send a code. Still no joy. I have also set the pins up the way it says to in the manual. Any help would be great cause I am stumped and really want to get started.

Kind Regards

Ciaran

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for the details.

" I cannot find the file DE1_soc_default to first send to the board? " the default .sof file comes with CD but it`s not necessary to program it every time.

check the snapshot contains three devices & manual shows two devices so ensure that same FPGA device has been used while creating project.

1. Perform Full compilation( For simplicity, implement D flip flop on same board to understand the functionality)
  2. Program .sof file to FPGA(5CSEMA5) as mentioned in manual(Attachment)

let me know if you have any different concern.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos