I have recently purchased the DE1-Soc board of Terasic. I have been using the Quartus design suite for quiet a while but only for simulation. I have went through the steps of designing a very basic program. Every time i try to program it it says failed straight away. I have done more research and it says i need an intel Soc Embedded design Suite. I am just wondering is that the issue? The device is 5CSEMA5F31C6. Any help would be great. i just want to start using the board for projects now.
1. Check DIP switch (SW10) setting
2. Have you done pin assignment ?
3. Please provide Quartus programmer screenshot
4. Which programming method(JTAG or AS)
refer the below user manual,
Thanks for the quick reply i have attached the snapshots of the code and the programmer. I have looked at the manual. I cannot find the file DE1_soc_default to first send to the board? I sent the De1 soc system builder to the device and the seven segments stopped then tried again to send a code. Still no joy. I have also set the pins up the way it says to in the manual. Any help would be great cause I am stumped and really want to get started.
Thanks for the details.
" I cannot find the file DE1_soc_default to first send to the board? " the default .sof file comes with CD but it`s not necessary to program it every time.
check the snapshot contains three devices & manual shows two devices so ensure that same FPGA device has been used while creating project.
- Perform Full compilation( For simplicity, implement D flip flop on same board to understand the functionality)
- Program .sof file to FPGA(5CSEMA5) as mentioned in manual(Attachment)
let me know if you have any different concern.