Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20691 Discussions

solderability differences of PB free vs non Pb free 5M1270ZT144A5N vs 5M1270ZT144A5

Rob67
Beginner

I need to know if there is a difference in the lead finish of Pb free vs non Pb free MAX V CPLDs. I am considering a non Pb free as an alternate component to a Pb free, on a PCB that is in production, but I am concerned the Pb could impact the solderability of the device. So my question is , is the finish on the pins different in the Pb free vs non Pb free. There isn't any info on where the Pb is coming into the part but the lead flashing seems like an obvious place. The present device I am using is  5M1270ZT144A5N  (Pb free) and 1 alternate I am considering is 5M1270ZT144A5 (not Pb free)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Non-pb free finish will have Pb on it (because is it not leadfree)

You can see the lead finish material for legacy products on the package drawing published in the web.

5M1270ZT144A5N drawing link: 144-Pin TQFP - Wire Bond - A:1.60

In this case, the non-Pb free finish is 85Sn:15Pb (Tin-Lead material).

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos