Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

13.44.0.1026 and lack of IRST software for Windows 10

BKryn
Beginner

Hi,

Common problem to three workstations, (A, B, C) all originally Windows 7, upgraded within the last two weeks to Windows 10 fall creators update build 1709, now all with the same problem.

All three were originally running RAID with IRST software in Windows 7.

After upgrade to Windows 10, IRST software removed from all three workstations by upgrade process, (A, B, C), RAID driver updated to 13.44.0.1026 on all three.

Need software to manage RAID, deal with HD errors etc.

So Tried 14.xx.xx.xx on workstation A, after reboot lost system !!!

inaccessible_boot_device

Had to reinstall Windows 10, thanks Intel!

1.) So how am I going to be able to run IRST software on these three workstations ??

2.) Want to keep 13.44.0.1026 driver (SEEMS TO WORK ?), while using some other version of IRST software that won't crash the workstations.

3.) How to install software and what version should I use while keeping 13.44.0.1026 driver ?

4.) How can Intel let so many users get hurt?

Screen shot of workstation A BIOS uploaded

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi SYROB: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We will do our best to assist you with this scenario.

Since the computer is using ICH10R chipset, most likely it will not be compatible with Windows® 10, in this case what we recommend is to get in contact with the manufacturer of the unit to confirm if they can provide an Intel® RST version fully compatible with Windows® 10.

Additionally, just to let you know, our drivers are generic, and none of the drivers that support Windows® 10 support ICH10R.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
BKryn
Beginner

HI,

Microsoft thinks driver 13.44.0.1026 is ok as they provide it during upgrade.

What I need is software/GUI that will work with the driver 13.44.0.1026, can install GUI without changing driver using:

run SetupRST with -Nodrv

So what GUI version should try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SYROB: Thank you very much for providing those details. In regard to your inquiry, none of the Intel® RST versions in our web site support the hardware configuration you are using, however, here is the link where you can see all the version of the application in case you want to try some of them:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22036/IRST-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22036/IRST-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

To get in contact with the manufacturer of the unit will be the best thing to do.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
JJaeg
New Contributor I

Find your SetupRST.exe file for the version you are running. Open a command prompt (with administrator priviledge), and

run that installer again, but with the -Nodrv option, as in:

SetupRST.exe -Nodrv

That should install the GUI. (I just did this for 13.6.0.1002).

0 Kudos
JJaeg
New Contributor I

(If you can't find the SetupRST for the particular version, try one that is close - I went looking for 13.44.0.1026 and could not find it, but I'd bet that the GUI for 13.6.0.1002 will likely work fine).

0 Kudos