Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

900P AIC works fine but:

JLodg
Beginner

-cannot be seen in UEFI, only the sata storage a couple of hard drives and a Samsung SSD can be seen.

-The Intel Optane Storage controller is installed and works

-Windows 10 Disk Management can see it formatted it etc.,

- The 900p now has the paging file, the Windows Index and some of the Lightroom caches all function

- The relevant adapter slot had to be set from x2 to x4.

- Read speeds are about as advertised.

-SMART works through Aida64 and Optane temp is about 28C.

-Intel RST does not see a thing

-the only place Optane shows is its Device Driver in Device Manager Driver version 4.0.0.1007

The motherboard is an ASUS Rog Maximus x Hero

Is there one or several issues here

- is it a wait for new firmware for M/B

- is it a wait newer Rst it is the usual 15.9.0.1015

...John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi johnlodge,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We would like to inform you that having to set form x2 to x4 is a motherboard quirk and is not related to the drive.

Based on the information provided the SSD is working fine. In order to better assist you with your concern, could you please confirm if the situation is related to Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) software? or what is your end goal?

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JLodg
Beginner

The original goal was to have RST install.

Actually as noted elsewhere the Optane driver would not install if RST was present.

Uninstalling RST enabled the install of the Optane driver.

But when RST was then installed it did not sense the Optane storage.

It is not clear to me if it should or should not have recognised it, but RST having a subpart related to Optane was mentioned, perhaps that referred to non-disk volume Optane memory. Right now I do not have RST installed.

...John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi johnlodge,

Thanks for the reply.

We will transfer the tread to the /community/tech/rapid-storage-technology Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology community support team so they can assist you with your issue.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello johnlodge,

Thank you for your contacting us regarding the conflict that your experiencing between our Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and our Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello johnlodge,

I was taking a look to your thread and I wanted to know if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back if necessary.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos