Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Accidently broke windows RST array w/gparted...

MEdge
Beginner

Dual boot Win7/Linux box. Ran gparted while booted into linux and answered yes to a "Fix this?" question and broke my windows RST array.

System:

Windows 7, boots from SSD, and has 2 Intel RST raids, (1x) 4 disk Raid_10, (1x) 2 disk Raid_1

Linux boots/runs from single ssd.

Rebooted into windows, saw this message from Intel RST:

"Your system is reporting one or more events, and data my be at risk"

Volume_2: Degraded: Rebuild to another disk

Unknown disk on Controller 255, Port Unknown: Missing

There is a single drive displayed at the bottom right of the RST screen under the arrays. The broken array shows a disk with 0gb, a yellow exclamation triangle, and has the same serial number as the unattached drive below it, followed by a :1 (colon one).

Diskpart shows both disk ID's of Raid_1, (Disk ID3 and Disk ID4 in my system) as the same 32 character GUID.

Windows Disk Management shows Disk 4 offline. "The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online"

This is a raid-1 so it looks like I can still read the data. (at least it appears to be so)

Is there a quick and easy way to get this detached drive back into the array? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mikeedgewood2000,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry that it took me some time to come around to this post and to be able to help you.

I would like to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance, if you still need some assistance please attach some pictures of the issue to better assist you.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
MEdge
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my delay. No, issue is not resolved. Here are some pictures. Please let me know if there is anything else you may need. I appreciate any help fixing this. Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In this case, all you need to do is click on "Rebuild to another disk" and that should solve the issue.

Please bear in mind that depends on the size of the HDD this rebuild can take several hours.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
MEdge
Beginner

I believe so. It took a few *days* to back up via usb. Rebuild ran all night and was done in the morning. The Intel Rapid Storage screen now shows no errors. My drive disappeared when the rebuild was completed, however. Win7 'Disk Management' said "Signature Collision" so a little panic there. Reboot and all appears to be ok and running.

Thanks for the help. I was afraid to touch anything. No menu and no descriptions of what anything does in this program.

At the moment, all looks well.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm glad that your raid now is working as it should and thank you for your kindly answer.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos