Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, SATA RAID Always missing drives when rebooting

RVerr1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using 4 drives, RAID 10 on ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Windows 10. If I boot the PC, the raid is fine. Everytime I reboot the PC, I am missing 1,2 or 3 drives. This happens systematically.

When PC is off and I simply boot it, all drives are always present.

Any help or advise please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You mean it happens systemically? 😜

Simplest thing to try first is disabling both BIOS and Windows Fast Startup and see if this helps. Second thing is to look into whether there are any BIOS updates available. Third thing is to ask Asus support whether there are any known issues with this motherboard.

...S

0 Kudos
RVerr1
Beginner

Hi,

I will try the first thing. This started after upgrading BIOS to latest version so second option is out.

Thanks for correcting, I never used that big word before in English :)

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No problem. I hope you can resolve this - without having to delve into RST release issues (but remember that RST runs from firmware and the firmware comes as part of the BIOS, so you're back to looking for BIOS updates from Asus then).

...S

0 Kudos
RVerr1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, it didn't fix anything so if anybody has another idea, you are welcome to share it with me.

Robert

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RVerr1, 

Based on the description of the issue, and the fact that it only happens when you reboot the computer, this seems to be related to a hardware/BIOS issue. 

As recommended by n.scott.pearson, we suggest that you contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and make sure your system is up to date (e.g. BIOS).

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos