Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

BIG RAID 1 problem

JNagl
Beginner

Hello, I may have a big RAID 1 problem and need advice. I wanted to get rid of my RAID setup which is two 2TB drives with part as a RAID 0 array and the larger part as a RAID 1 array. I did research beforehand and read numerous places that when a RAID 1 array is reset to non-raid disks in the RST boot screen you end up with two identical disks with each having a working copy of the data. Just what I wanted so I did that. But when I went back into Windows 10 afterwards Disk Management says the disks need to be Initialized. Is this correct? I did not see it mentioned in the posts I read before in my preparation. I stopped there as I would like to get confirmation that Initializing the disk is the next step. If not then what should my next step be. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, Jeff 399

Thanks for contacting the Intel RSTe Sofum Support, thanks for the information that you've provided us and in regards to your situation we'll like to have more details of your equipment pro provide you the necessary support.

We'll like to have the following information from you:

Operating System and version (x86/x64):

Motherboard model:

Processor model:

Amount of RAM that your equipment has installed:

Amount of drives and capacity of the drives:

Version of Intel® RSTe (Enterprise) or Intel® RST (Non-enterprise) that you're trying to use:

Once you've sent us that information we'll proceed with the necessary assistance and if you have additional details to your case or want to ask additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Chris.
0 Kudos
JNagl
Beginner

Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply. Here is the information you requested-

Operating System and version (x86/x64): Windows 10 64-bit

Motherboard model: Gigabyte H97M-D3H

Processor model: I3-4150

Amount of RAM that your equipment has installed: 8 GB

Amount of drives and capacity of the drives: 2 hard drives 2 TB each and 1 SSD 250 GB

Below you can see a screen shot showing the request to initialize the disks.

Below is another screen shot showing the installed disks listed above plus a 32 GB USB drive.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello again Jeff399,

Thanks for the information that you've provided us and I'll like that you please provide us the version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) or Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe) that you're using on your machine.

Also, please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Regards,

Chris,
0 Kudos
JNagl
Beginner

Chris,

The Intel boot screen title says: Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM - 13.5.0.2164.

As far as the downloaded RST program that is run from inside Windows I can't give you its version as it was on the RAID 1 array and I can not see any files from that were part of that array which is the main problem.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply and in regards to your situation it corresponds to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software (non-Enterprise version), so to provide you the appropriate support I'll move your post and case to the iRST Communities Forum so you can get the correct team to assist you.

Please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos