Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Being a life saver, my 1TB HDD is detected by only Intel RST. What could be wrong then?

MMano21
Beginner

I have a 1TB seagate HDD which isn't detected from a very long time. If I have it connected hile booting, the system never comes up. If I hot plug in BIOS, not detected.

If I hot plug using Linux, booom. OS is stuck there forever. If I hot plug in Windows, well nothing happens. Only Intel RST identifies the new drive being attached or detached. It is able to show the information, usage, status everything. But I cannot find the drive anywhere else. diskpart, disk management util, sea tools, all these fail to help me.

Now, since RST is able to identify the drive, can someone tell me what is wrong that nothing else identifies and RST does? is it with the metadata? I cannot find a way to clear the metadata as well.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

It looks like your drive is defective. Have you tried checking the drive integrity?

I am afraid the IRST does not offer an option to clean metadata, for that matter, I would recommend contacting the drive manufacturer.

Allan.
0 Kudos
MMano21
Beginner

The manufacturer provides only RMA service in my place and I don't find anyone there who understands what is the problem. The possible solution they give me is replace the disks onto a working drive and lose all the data. But I believe there must be an easy way to fix the problem. The last thing I did with hdd was to install windows 7, which never completed to install over 12 hours. And then I unplugged the hdd abruptly, sorry here. Since then, it is not working. Any clue from what I did here?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My best recommendation would be to contact your drive manufacturer. As I posted on my first interaction, it looks like this is defective.

Allan.
0 Kudos