Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Bjr, J'ai installé via le BIOS 2 disques en RAID 1. Tout est OK avec l'appli "Technologie de stockage Intel Rapid. ( initialisé, etc.) Mais impossible de le voir dans la gestion disque de Windows 10. pourriez-vous SVP m'indiquer comment résoudre cela?

ATERS2
Beginner

Bonjour,

J'ai installé 2 disques en RAID 1 à partir du Bios.

Avec l'appli " Technologie de stockage Intel® Rapid", tout est OK, je vois bien le volume mais il n'apparait pas dans le gestionnaire de disque Window10. Pourriez-vous me dire pourquoi SVP?

Onglet gérer :

Nom : Volume 1

Etat : Normal

Type : RAID 1

Taille : 7 630 883 Mo

Avancé

Vidage du cache d'écriture : Désactivée

Mode de cache : Lecture seule

Volume système : Non

Initialisé : Oui

Onglet Mémoire Intel Optane

Etat de la mémoire Intel Optane : désactivé.

Onglet performance

Gestion de l'alimentation des liaisons : Activée

Paramètres du cache de volume non rémanent

SATA_Array_0000

Volume1

Type : RAID 1

Taille : 7 452 GO

Vidage du cache d'écriture : Désactivée

Mode de cache : Lecture seule

Donc tout semble OK du point de vue de l'application.

Par contre, le problème que je rencontre est que le volume en question n'apparaît pas du tout dans la "gestion de disque" de Windows 10.

Donc impossible de faire quoi que ce soit sur ce volume.

Il a bien été initialisé ( cela a duré toute une nuit )

Impossible de le partitionner, de lui donner une lettre, etc.

Il n'apparaît pas dans la liste des disques de la commande diskpart :

DISKPART> list disk

N° disque Statut       Taille Libre  Dyn GPT

--------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disque 0  En ligne      931 G octets 1024 K octets      *

DISKPART>

Bizarre!!!

Dans le gestionnaire de périphérique , sous "contrôleur de stockage", j'ai bien "Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" :

Général : Ce périphérique fonctionne correctement.

Type de périphérique : Contrôleurs de stockage

Fabricant : Intel Corporation

Emplacement : Bus PCI 0, périphérique 23, fonction 0

Pilote :

Fournisseur du pilote : Intel Corporation

Date du pilote : 07/08/2019

Version du pilote : 17.7.0.006

Détail : Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller.

Ressources : Aucun conflit.

J'utilise Windows 10 64 bits.

Processeur Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU@ 3.6GHz

8 GO de mémoire RAM.

Enfin, au niveau "gestionnaire de périphérique", pour "Lecteur de disque", je vois bien l'entrée Intel Raid 1 Volume:

Type de périphérique : Lecteurs de disque.

Fabricant : (lecteurs de disque standard) (???)

Emplacement : Bus Number 6, Target Id 0 , LUN 0

Etat : Ce périphérique fonctionne correctement.

Pilote :

Fourniseur du pilote : Microsoft

Date du pilote : 21/06/2006 (???)

Version du pilote : 10.0.18362.

Fichiers du pilote :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys.

Fournissur : Microsoft Corporation

Version du fichier : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild. 160101.0800)

Lorsque j'essaie de mettre à jour les pilotes à partir du CD-ROM fourni avec la carte mère, Windows refuse en indiquant que les pilotes optimisés sont à jour. (ou pas compatibles: message "Le dossier ne contient pas de pilote compatible pour votre périphérique")

(D'autre part, j'ai 4 fichiers, et je ne sais pas lequel il faut prendre :

iaAHCIC, iaStorAc, etc...)

Voilà donc la situation...

Auriez-vous une idée de ce qui se passe?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide, et bonne journée...

(N.B. : j'ai soumis par erreur cette même demande dans une autre rubrique qu'il faudrait supprimer, s'il vous plaît ( NUC) Merci encore donc également...)

Cordialement,

Alain.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ATERS2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we only provide support in English language and currently, we are using a translation tool.

In order to provide the most accurate assistance in reference to your questions, we will do further research on this topic, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ATERS2
Beginner
Hello Alberto! Thank you very much in advance for your help! No problem to comunicate with you in english (or spanish as Alberto seems to indicate) To resume my problem: I have recently mounted a new PC with the Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard. The processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU@ 3.6GHz I followed the instructions to create a RAID 1 via the BIOS. Everything seems OK for the BIOS, and the application "Technologie de stockage Intel indicates also that everything is OK. The volume appears also in the device manager ("gestionnaire de périphériques") ( see attachment files) The only problem is that the volume doesn't appear in the disk manager tab. So, though the volume is visible in Windows, I cant manage the partition to format - initialize it. Also, nothing appear about it using the diskpart command: DISKPART> list disk N° disque Statut Taille Libre Dyn GPT --------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disque 0 En ligne 931 G octets 1024 K octets * DISKPART> Strange, isn'it? I would be very grateful if you had any idea on how to solve this problem. Though It seems related to Windows (10) [a driver problem?], I submit it to you as I didn't find this issue ( I searched several hours) on Internet. So, thank you very much in advance for your help. Good evening. Best regards, Alain.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ATERS2, You are very welcome, thank you for clarifying those details.

I just received an update on this matter, we understand that 2 disks were installed on RAID 1 and you cannot see the volume on disk management:

Were you able to install the OS on the RAID?

If you delete the array, do you see the drives separately?

Did you install the latest BIOS update on the computer?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
ATERS2
Beginner

Hello Alberto!

Were you able to install the OS on the RAID? -> I didn't want to install the RAID 1 for the OS... It's installed on an SSD disk ( M.2_1 SAMSUNG SSD 960 EVO 1TByte). I don't need the RAID1 for the OS ( I can easily reinstall it in case of crash.).

What I want is a RAID 1 for 2 mechanical disk ( 2 SATA SEAGATE disks , 8 GB each) : I'll store mypictures. I have a lot of them (probably more than 100 000!

Indeed, all what I read on the Web was related to RAID installations for the OS ( the procedure with F6 and so on), but nothing about RAID for data storage.

For the 2 others :

1) Waouuuh!!!I I have just deleted the RAID 1 right now from the BIOS and... Windows doesn't detect the 2 drives separately!!! I think you have located the root cause of my problem!! I'll try know to understand why Windows doesn't "see" those 2 drives... Thank you for this remark!!

2) I have just bought the motherboard, so I thought the BIOS is up to date. But I'll try to install the latest update, and let you know the result.

I'll try now to solve this interessant question : Why are those 2 drives not detected by Windows 10

I'll let you informed when I succeed to install the 2 drives separately...

Anyway, thank you very much for this first line of research!

Have a good afternoon!

Best regards,

Alain

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ATERS2, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that the information provided was helpful and useful for you.

Sure, no problem, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results of installing the 2 drives separately and doing the BIOS update so, if necessary, we can continue with our assistance.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ATERS2, I just wanted to check if you were able to do the BIOS update and install the 2 drives separately?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ATERS2, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ATERS2, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos