Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Can't create a RAID-1 on MSI Card

JB14
Beginner

Hi everybody.

I'm Jean-Louis from Belgium and I've a problem with Z270 cipset, BIOS and IRST Bios.

I sent hours & hours to try to create a RAID-1 with 2 * (250G SSD M.2) for installing WIN 10.

And this on the expensive MSI Z270-GAMING-M5

I found, yeseday, in Windows IRST utility the RAID-1 but completly crazy : never synchronized and unmanageable.

In Win disk management, the 2 "SSD disks" where completly different !!! and not declared as "mirrored".....

I think I found yesterday the lack between BIOS and the System : there is the declaration of the RAID that has to be done in IRST Bios via "CTRL I", see in the user guide.

I had access to this little Bios the first time I tried to create my RAID-1 but since that, it's impossible .....

Can someone help me to terminate this problem who drives me crazy because I send all my free time on this and I forget my family.

Many thanks.

Jean-Louis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JLBO,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry the issue you have had trying to create a RAID 1.

I just want to understand better this problem, you have Windows® 10 installed and you want to create the RAID 1 using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology or you are trying to create the RAID from the option ROM Ctrl+I to install the operating system?

Is the motherboard BIOS set to RAID mode?

Basically, When RAID is enabled in the BIOS; you see this RAID Option ROM command prompt during startup.

If you are trying to create the RAID to hardware level using Ctrl+I, you should be able to see the option to create RAID once you access the option ROM.

At this point, I will appreciate if you could attach some pictures with the issue you get to understand better the problem.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
JB14
Beginner

Hello friends.

I spent hours and hours without anay results and I decided to stop loosing my time.

On my first SSD M2, I install the system and on the second, the data. (just yesterday).

Believing to have finished, I click right for encrypting the datas (D:\) --> IMPOSSIBLE, bitlocker not present on click right !!!!!

Shit shit shit; I only had problems trying to buy "this professinal" machine for remote working since my home.

Thanks for your message.

Have a nice day.

Cheers from Belgium.

Jean-Louis.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry that you could not create the RAID you wanted to, in case you need it, here is some information where it shows how to create a RAID:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000005815.html Setting Up RAID When the Operating System is Already Installed

You can also check for more information here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000005789.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000005789.html

If at some point, you still want to create the RAID, I strongly recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer as well for them to guide you with some BIOS set up if it is needed.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos