Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Can't find Intel® RSTCLI Pro for Intel® Optane™ Memory for driver 19.5.1.1040

Samuele
Beginner

Hello,

I use Intel® RSTCLI to check the RAID status on several PCs.

The most recent PCs use the Intel Optane driver version 19.5.1.1040.

When I run RSTCLI on these PCs, returns an error, because the most recent version of RSTCLI available on Intel website is 18.6.1.1016 which is not compatible with the newer version of the driver (see the picture below).

Message.png

Do you know what I could do or if it is foreseen a new release of RSTCLI?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele  

Thank you for all your time and patience. 

Intel® RST CLI for RST versions 19, 18, and 17 have been posted matching the latest Intel® RST driver updates: 

Intel® RSTCLI Pro for Intel® Optane™ Memory 

Just in case, an old package is still marked as the latest. This will be fixed afterwards, please make sure to test the version that corresponds to your drivers. 

Please, let us know if everything works as expected. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with the Intel® RST tool. 

Please be aware that only OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) provide the latest driver versions for this tool, as we only have the generic one. We recommend you to check your System Manufacturer's website for the latest driver or contact them directly. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Samuele
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel ,

Thanks for your quick response.

I think I did not explain well the issue, which is not related to the driver (which was downloaded from the OEM website), but with Intel® RSTCLI that I use to chek the RAID status.

We usually download this utility directly from Intel website (here: Intel® RSTCLI Pro for Intel® Optane™ Memory) and, till now, with PCs equipped with older driver versions, it worked properly.

So my question is how would it be possible to obtain the same result with the new drivers, if it is foreseen a new release for Intel® RSTCLI Pro for Intel® Optane™ Memory compatible with drivers 19.x.x.x.

Best regards,

Samuele

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele

Thank you for your response and the information provided. I appreciate you explaining your question. 

Regarding your inquiry, this is the latest driver for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with Intel® Optane™ Memory, test it out and if it gives you the same issue, please send the same screenshot but with the latest driver.  

If it is failing with the latest software and drivers, then we can consult if there is a new release coming soon. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Samuele
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel ,

 Unfortunately even with the updated driver (version 19.5.2.1049) that I downloaded from the link you sent me the Intel® RSTCLI doesn't work, because it tells that it is not compatible with the driver (see the picture below).

err.png

Please, let me know if I have to do something else.

Thank you and best regards,

Samuele

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele

Thank you for the information provided. 

In that case, please provide us with an Intel® SSU report, so we can investigate and consult about the Intel® RSTCLI Pro tool.

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Also, can you please send an updated screenshot showing the latest RST driver version? The screenshot shows the previous version (19.5.1.1040) and we will need it for our investigation, in any case.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Samuele
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel ,

I followed your instructions. attached you can find the required file, "report.txt".

Here are also the required printscreens (see the pictures below).

print1.png

print2.png

Please, let me know if I have to do something else.

Samuele

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele

Thank you for the screenshots and the report provided. 

I will investigate this, as soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Samuele
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel ,

OK, I'll wait for your updates.

Samuele

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele  

Thank you for all your time and patience. 

Intel® RST CLI for RST versions 19, 18, and 17 have been posted matching the latest Intel® RST driver updates: 

Intel® RSTCLI Pro for Intel® Optane™ Memory 

Just in case, an old package is still marked as the latest. This will be fixed afterwards, please make sure to test the version that corresponds to your drivers. 

Please, let us know if everything works as expected. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Samuele  

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Samuele
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel ,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for the solution, I tested the last version of Intel® RST CLI for RST downloaded from your link and it properly works.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Samuele

0 Kudos