Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Can't found RST CLI version for driver version 18.32.0.1006

pierrenichele
Beginner

Hello,

I use rstclipro.exe in my SCCM task sequence to manage Optane configuration on some devices.

For some Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1 (not all devices of that model), I can't find the correct version of RST CLI to enable Optane.

I've downloaded all version available on https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19462/intel-rstcli-pro-for-intel-optane-memory.html

optane_website.png

But when I execute "rstclipro.exe --OptaneMemory --enable", none of the versions works.

rstclipro.png

The only difference is for the last 2 versions who show error code 0x20000000.

After some test in BIOS, I've switched to AHCI then reswitched to RAID then this happened :

rstclipro2.png

Version of driver switched from 18.32.0.1006 to 18.3.0.1003 and rstclipro.exe versions 17.xxx didn't work anymore. But problem still occur as I can't enable OptaneMemory.

Could someone provide a working version of RST CLI for version 18.32.0.1006 or 18.3.0.1003 ? Or maybe provide another solution ?

Thanks.

Pierre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

pierrenichele, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to answer your questions and provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

You mentioned "I can't find the correct version of RST CLI to enable Optane", so, that means that you have a physical Intel® Optane module installed on your computer and you want to know how to enable it, correct?

Is there any particular reason why you need RST CLI for those specific driver versions, 18.32.0.1006 or 18.3.0.1003?

Where did you get those drivers from, could you please provide a link?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello pierrenichele, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello pierrenichele, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos