Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Can't remove RAID 0 in Predator 21x laptop

Predator21x
Beginner

Hello,

I recently acquired an Acer Predator 21x laptop.

It has 3 disk drives as standard. 1 SATA drive with Windows 10 as OS and 2 M.2 hard drives. All three drives are 1 TB.

The SATA with the OS seems to be connected in RAID 0 with one of the M.2 drives. The other M.2 drive is for data only.

I have searched endlessly on the internet for 2 entire days (!!!!!!) without finding ANY solution on how to remove the RAID 0 configuration.

There is NO WAY I can alter it in BIOS. The first page of the BIOS lists RAID once, but everything is greyed out. There is no way to change anything regarding to RAID there.

There is ALSO no way to alter it BEFORE entering the BIOS, I have tried every key combination on the keyboard, CTRL-i, CTRL-SHf-i, -e, -g, -f, -r etc. You name it. It just boots normally without paying attention to what I do.

And there is also no way to change anything softwarewise. In the Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface the drives show up as sata-array-0000.

Two ENTIRE DAYS gone just trying to remove RAID 0.

Why in HEAVEN'S NAME is this so difficult ?

Lord, have mercy upon me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If fully UEFI-enabled, you typically would do this from somewhere within BIOS Setup. It would be somewhere in the Main tree, I would hazard to guess.

have you tried using the new Memory and Storage (MAS) tool?

...S

0 Kudos
Predator21x
Beginner

I don't know about the MAS tool.

Does it help ? Where can I download it etc. ?

These are the other 3 pages of the BIOS. The first is in the first mail.

Maybe you can make some conclusions.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This BIOS Setup looks positively anemic. It's time to get on the phone with Acer and find out what they have done.

...S

Predator21x
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, that's a Windows 10 only tool.

...S

0 Kudos
Predator21x
Beginner

I found and tried the MAS tool.

It does not seem to run on Windows 7. I get a memory error.

I could not find it anywhere for Windows 7.

0 Kudos