Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Can't uninstall, can't reinstall

RMood
Beginner

I got a message in the Samsung Magician application saying that I needed to update the Rapid Storage driver in order for the SSD to function properly. I downloaded the newest version from Intel and tried to install it, but it failed. The logs show it wasn't able to roll back either. I don't have rapid storage in my app list, so I can't uninstall it, and I can't seem to find it in the device manager even though Driver View shows it loaded. I tried installing the original version I had from the Asus downloads site, but that now fails to install as well. I'm at a loss, and I don't know what to do to get this resolved.

DISM.exe returned the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The component store is repairable.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[===========================98.4%========================= ]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello pocketdrummer,

Could you please provide your operating system, computer model and chipset model? This will help to get the right version for your system.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
RMood
Beginner

Windows 10 64-bit creator's update

Asus Sabertooth X99 motherboard

X99 Chipset

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113558 pocketdrummer, thank you for that information.

Please try the following version; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26700/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST), before installing it use the method below to uninstall the current version installed.

Instructions to uninstall the Intel® RST;

1. Open the Add/Remove Programs window
  2. Find the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.
  3. Right click Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver and select Uninstall.
  4. Follow the prompts stated by the Intel Installation Framework window to complete the process.
  5. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113558 pocketdrummer, hope you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned above.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos