Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Cannot change SATA Mode back to "AHCI" after uninstalling IRST -> Causes BlueScreen

CSchr3
Beginner

Hello,

after multiple different issues I had with IRST I decided to delete my RAID1 volume in IRST and uninstall the software from my computer.

After doing so I restarted the computer and changed the SATA Mode in the UEFI of my ASRock H97 Anniversary mainboard back from "RAID" to "AHCI".

Unfortunately Windows 7 doesn't seem to start anymore after I changed the SATA Mode but when setting it back to "RAID" the system boots just fine again.

However, I do not want to use the "RAID" SATA Mode anymore because I simply do not need it as I no longer have a RAID array in my computer and I also do not want the IRST Option ROM to pop up for a few seconds every single time I boot up my computer.

I found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/922976/error-message-occurs-after-you-change-the-sata-mode-of-the-boot-drive https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/922976/error-message-occurs-after-you-change-the-sata-mode-of-the-boot-drive article from Microsoft regarding the issue and performed the steps listed in that article but that does not seem to help either.

How can I boot Windows in the "AHCI" SATA Mode again and disable the IRST Option ROM?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Juan_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Chrissi1001 ,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, the OS has to be reinstalled while SATA mode is set to AHCI in the BIOS, this will remove the IRST Option ROM and will stop the BSOD.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

JC

0 Kudos
CSchr3
Beginner

Hello JC,

I've already read somewhere else that reinstalling the OS would fix the issue but I really want to avoid doing that if there is any other way to get it to work because it would take me a very long time to setup the system again.

I really have A LOT of applications installed and I need all of them frequently. They also require a lot of work and time for installation and configuration so if there is any other possible way that could get the OS to work in AHCI mode again I would certainly prefer to try that out first before reinstalling the entire OS.

Therefore please let me know if there is any other option than completely reinstalling the OS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Chrissi1001,

At this point, that is the only option; however, to avoid the hassle of reinstalling the OS along with your apps and preferences, you can clone the drive but you may have to get another drive to do so.

Please check the following article from How-To Geek about cloning drives.

https://www.howtogeek.com/199068/how-to-upgrade-your-existing-hard-drive-in-under-an-hour/ How to Upgrade Your Existing Hard Drive in Under an Hour

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chrissi1001,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos