Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Continue of question Error On Raid 0 Volume on Bootup.

KJone5
Beginner

I am continuing the question linked to this one, I see no Intel Storage Technology in my Disk drives in Device Manager just my printer M.2 Boot drive and my Intel Raid 0 Volume.

-Thanks

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Ww1CtSAJ/error-on-raid-0-volume-on-bootup?language=en_US&t=1577044117378

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you not installed the full Intel RST package?

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

I have the program installed on my computer, can you tell me what to do if I am just missing the driver?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology package. This should be a download from your motherboard manufacturer. Presuming you have Windows 10 1903 or 1909 installed, here is link to the correct download: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_irst_17.2.11.1033.zip.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

I installed this software today but it does not show up in device manager.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And it won't; you will just see the Intel Storage driver assigned to the array (instead of the Microsoft Storage driver). You should be able to run the RST GUI now, however.

...S

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

It say Intel Raid 0 Volume, what does it mean when I get the error IAStoricon on bootup then as this was the original issue?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

capture the error message and include it in a response. Use the paperclip icon below the edit box to upload and attach this image. Look to see of there is also an associated eventlog entry to go with it.

Just so you at least roughly understand, Intel RST is built into the chipset and runs independent of everything. You actually do not need any support within the O/S for it to work (well, not unless you want the array to also be your boot/system volume). Installing the RST package installs the Intel Storage driver and associated drivers and libraries and GUI needed to manage the array.

...S

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

I have attached both errors that show up, I am not really comfortable with event log yet but I found the entry for when the service started.

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

I have one more event log I could post as needed.

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

Hey is the last event log event

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Those are both info events, not error events. Where is the error message that you said you were seeing pop up?

What do the screens in the RST application show?

...S

0 Kudos
KJone5
Beginner

On bootup I get an message from Intel RST saying there is one or more warnings and data may be at risk. The reason for this warning is the reason I started this post, and when I launch RST I cannot find any info about the error.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, what are the warning(s)? Include captures of the various screens in the GUI.

0 Kudos