Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Deinstalation of Rapid Storage

TLudw
Beginner

I accidentally created a restore volume some time ago, so I have no access to my hard drive, which severely limits my memory. In the system today I saw that you can uninstall Intel Rapid Storage, but I have some reasons, because I would delete this program, I have access to my hard drive or have not only deleted the program but also my last chance mine to save hard disk?

I would like to hear your advice;)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, bluees.

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you would like to get access to your hard drive and uninstall the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. I will be more than glad to assist you further.

Allow me to share with you that by uninstalling the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology will keep the RAID Volume already created on the system. If you would like to manage your drives separately you may want to delete the array, if you do so, make sure you have a back up of all your data.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TLudw
Beginner

thanks for the information, but how do you delete an array? Or how do you delete a restore volume?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, bluees.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

In order to delete the volume, you can click on the array in the Storage System View section at the right side of the software. Then at the left side of the screen, in the Manage Volume section, there might be an option that says "Delete volume". By clicking here, you will delete your array.

You can also delete the array from your motherboard, however, if you would like to do it from there, I would highly recommend you to get in touch with your mainboard manufacturer to receive those instructions.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TLudw
Beginner

Unfortunately, I do not have this option, delete volume. What could I do now to clear this recovery volume?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, bluees.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Let's try to delete the array using the following method. While your computer is booting up, press CTRL + I and then select Delete RAID Volume.

Please share the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JBeau5
Beginner

(Not OP but sounds like same issue) I've been trying this on my ACER laptop and apparently this CTRL+I functionality is disabled for single SSD+HDD models. This is a very frustrating issue, the RST gave me absolutely no warning I would completely lose access to my drive. How else can the connection between the drives be broken?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, bluees.

I am terribly your issue persists. In this case, to delete the array you can either, install the two disks in a different system and delete the array from there or, contact https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support ACER® Support and they can provide you with a different method for you to delete the RAID volume.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
SHook
Beginner

I have this exact same problem and you have completely failed to resolve it, I'm unimpressed to say the least. Has OP or any other users in this thread found a solution independently of this support thread?

0 Kudos