Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Docker + Windows 10 v1903 + Intel Rapid Storage (Mirrored SSDs) = Frequent BSODs

EPaul12
Beginner

I have been struggling with frequent Blue Screen of Death issues ever since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. I have a Dell Precision 5810 tower and have been talking with Dell support.

There are (or were) 2 of us here in the office with the problem. Another guy here with the same Dell 5810 tower set up was having the same problem until he uninstalled Docker. Dell has labeled this "not their issue" and since I depend on them for OS support that all but rules out any access to Microsoft for the problem. I'm hoping that one of the Intel engineers will see this and be able to track down the problem.

The BSOD always shows the DLL that caused the error is iaStorB.sys. I can't uninstall Docker because I need it for development. The minidump shows the following:

******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000008, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation Arg4: fffff80731777218, address which referenced memory Debugging Details: ------------------ *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorB.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

Upgrading to the latest Intel Rapid Storage Drivers has helped, but I still see BSODs every other day.

Anyone else have this problem? Anybody have an idea (beyond upgrading divers, which I've done) how to fix this?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
EPaul12
Beginner

OK, Thanks.

0 Kudos