Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

ESRT2 Unconfigured Good Drive - Import Configuration

KRobi5
Beginner

I have 4 drives that were removed from the Intel server motherboard S2600CP for troubleshooting. They were configured as a RAID array. Now I would like to reinstall them in the same system, in the same slots without loosing the data on the drives. How do I import the configuration using the CRTL-E or RAID Web Console 2. At this time in the Logical Layout Tab of RAID Web Console 2 they appear as Unconfigured Drives and each drive appears as Unconfigured Good.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for contacting us about this concern.

I was reviewing the information provided and I noticed you mentioned ESRT2; by any chance on the previous configuration of the server board did you use ESRT2 in order to have the RAID configuration?

On the other hand, are you using a RAID Controller?

If this is the case, I would like to let you know that there is no possibility to import a configuration from a Software RAID to a Hardware RAID.

Please let me know the outcome in order to make sure the information.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
KRobi5
Beginner
Thank you for your reply. I was reviewing the information provided and I noticed you mentioned ESRT2; by any chance on the previous configuration of the server board did you use ESRT2 in order to have the RAID configuration? Yes, ESRT2 was used. We are using the same drives and the same motherboard. On the other hand, are you using a RAID Controller? There is no hardware RAID controller, we are using software RAID 10 on the S2600CP motherboard with a RAID key. If this is the case, I would like to let you know that there is no possibility to import a configuration from a Software RAID to a Hardware RAID. We are not changing from software RAID to Hardware RAID.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Ken, No problem, you are very welcome. Well, in this scenario; if you have been noticed the status of the Disks as Unconfigured Good this is because you will not be able to import the information from ESRT2 to a different software RAID. So, you will be able to use only ESRT2 with that RAID configuration. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Ken,

I am following up your case in order to make sure if there is anything else I can help you with?

If so, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
KRobi5
Beginner
Sorry, I missed it, what was the answer again?
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Ken,

No worries, as I mentioned before the implementation you are trying to achieve is not possible.

If you had this RAID configuration on ESRT2; you will have the possibility to import the configuration on ESRT2 only.

If you have any other question, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Ken,

Due to the fact that I have not seen any on this case I will proceed and close it.

Please for futher questions do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos