Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Forcing a volume rebuild from .NET 3.5 application

IWoda
Beginner

Hello,

This question is a follow-up to an issue I've encountered earlier, described here:

This issue caused us to switch to using Recovery mode, but, as stated in the linked thread:

"Inserting a fresh drive, would require you to manually set the drive as an spare drive or rebuild to that new drive."

Is it possible to trigger a volume rebuild to the new drive from our own application? Is there an API for IntelRST or some command-line trigger that allows such operations?

The system in question is running Windows Embedded Standard 2009 with Intel RST 10.1.0.1008.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Currently Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology does not include an API or a command line method such a script or something similar to trigger a system rebuild.

This should be a good feature to be included so I am forwarding this as feedback to be considered in a future software release.

0 Kudos
IWoda
Beginner

All right, I hope it will be implemented.

For the time being though we have to find a way to handle the issue. Is it possible to get what we need through some third party tool, like AutoIt scripting or something similar? Has someone tried it and could provide an example?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

From our side no third party software has been used or tested for this purpose, so we are not aware of any.

In case any other user has tested other software, you may use it under your own convenience.

0 Kudos